June 7, 2008
***** Note that this Post has been completely rewritten to simplify the process and old post has been deleted*****
This is the step-by-step process to tweak FCKEditor to use Netspell as spellchecker
1. Download Netspell.2.1.7.zip
2. Extract the zip file to your wwwroot/ and rename it to Netspell (for convenience)
3. Run setup.bat in Netspell folder
4. Pull up
page and make sure spell checker works.
5. Now download FCKEditor_2.6.2.zip
6. Extract it to wwwroot/ and rename it to FCKEditor.
7. Assuming you are using ASP.NET with c#, we are going to use Netspell/demo/Demo.Web.CSharp/SpellCheck.aspx as the base page for spell checking.
8.Modify the FCKeditor\fckeditor\fckconfig.js to set spellchecker as Netspell
FCKConfig.SpellChecker = ‘NetSpell’ ;
10. As we changed FCKEditor _source files, we need to compress them again to produce updated js files. For doing this download FCKPackager.exe from
11. copy packager to /FCKEditor/fckeditor folder and run it through command prompt
12. Create a basic HTML page to test.
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN”>
<title>NetSpell Web Demo</title>
var oFCKeditor = new FCKeditor(‘FCKeditor1′);
oFCKeditor.BasePath = “/FCKEditor/fckeditor/”;