Assuming you are using Visual Studio 2008 and ASP.NET 3.5
1. Download AjaxControlToolkit-Framework3.5-NoSource.zip from Codeplex.
2. Extract the zip file to a convenient location say C:\AjaxControlToolkit
3. Open up Visual Studio 2008 and Create a new ASP.NET Website. Name the site as myAjaxSite
4. Once website created, Right-click anywhere on Toolbox and choose “Add Tab”. Name the tab as AjaxControlToolkit.
5. Now right-click anywhere on AjaxControlToolkit region and select “Choose Items”. That will bringup ‘Choose Toolbox Items’ window.
Select ‘Browse’ and select “C:\AjaxControlToolkit\SampleWebSite\Bin\AjaxControlToolkit.dll”. Then Click “OK”. It will add all AjaxControlToolkit controls/Extenders to Toolbox.
6. Now you are ready to start using AjaxControlToolkit.
In Part -2, we will start building Ajax site….
June 13, 2008
Problem 1 : This page is missing a HtmlHead control which is required for the CSS stylesheet link that is being added. Please add <head runat=”server” />
Solution : make your HEAD tag to <HEAD runat=”server”>
problem 2 : The Controls collection cannot be modified because the control contains code blocks (i.e. <% … %>).